Wednesday, October 13, 2010

One Week

Today is the one week anniversary of CJ's passing.  I feel at peace with it all now.  I have sadness still, but it is a quiet, gentle sadness.  A whisper of sadness.

Last year CJ started to become quite ill.  He was vomiting a lot and urinating in strange places.  His kidneys and liver were doing poorly so we got some medication and changed his food to science diet hypo-allergenic.  This help a little, although within a few months he was spiralling quickly.  After six months of vet visits, it was determined that he had diabetes as well as the kidney and liver issues.  We put him on insulin right away.  The change in him was amazing.  Within a week he was back to his annoying, loving, affectionate self.  It wasn't a full recovery, but he seemed content. 

He started to get arthritis in his hips and I could see cataracts forming on his eyes (they were cloudy).  The vomiting and urination issues never went away.  I had to show CJ there was food in his dish all of the time.  It was like he forgot.  I think it was left over issues from his last great escape.  It was sad to see his health failing.

CJ had a good, long life.  He had many adventures, lots of love and four legged friends.  He was curious about my son.  He sniffed the baby and watched him.

You know what is kind of cool.  As I am typing this blog, a black and white cat jumped up onto our patio and is sun bathing.

Unless more comes to mind, this will be my last blog about CJ.  I think I will change the blog to be my rambling thoughts, just like the title.  I found it extremely helpful in my process of grieving the loss of my cat.  Typing out my stories and my feelings and putting it out there to the world.  It doesn't matter if no one ever reads this.  It was healing.  My heart does a small smile and warms a little more.

Thank you blogger.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment