Thursday, October 7, 2010

Meeting Mr. CJ Puddins

I first met CJ on August 10, 1996.  It was my 21st birthday.  I went to the Great White Pet Shop to see if they had any kittens.  Recently, I had moved in with my boyfriend in a one bedroom basement suite.  In my mind, this sense of permanence allowed for a pet, especially a cat.  Note: I did not have my boyfriend's approval.

Pause in the story: Oh...now my son is awake...we shall see if he falls back to sleep.  It has only been 1 hour of napping, so maybe...

Anyhow, I looked into the kitten cage at the pet store and there was this black and white kitten with huge ears.  I kid you not, his ears were big.  Immediately in love, I asked the sales person if I could hold the kitten.  Well folks, it was love at first sight and confirmation at first cuddle.  CJ was coming home with me for my birthday gift.

Pause again: Nope...the baby is not falling back to sleep...the story will have to continue later

No comments:

Post a Comment