Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mr. CJ Puddins' Peaceful Departure

Now I would like to share my experience of euthanizing CJ.  This is weighing heavily on my heart, playing over and over in my mind.  It was peaceful and everything, but it was also heart breaking,

I went into the veterinarian's office.  It took awhile to get out of my car.  I shed a few tears while CJ meowed at me because car rides are not his favourite thing.

After a few minutes, and a few deep breaths, I brought him into the office.  My heart was pounding and I felt like I was going to be sick.  They know who I am, we have been having health problems with CJ for over a year now, so I didn't have to say why I was there.  They asked if I wanted his ashes.  After some thought I decided against it, no one in my family has gotten their cats ashes before, and I know his spirit will no longer be attached to his remains.  Then I had to sign this form authorizing the euthanasia.  That was very difficult, I couldn't read it well with tears blurring my vision.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment