Thursday, October 7, 2010

Meeting Mr. CJ Puddins cont'd

Okay, my boy is playing on the floor...I can type a little more...maybe...first time Mom.

Anyhow, I bought CJ for myself.  Naively, I thought I could carry the kitten home in my zipped up jacket, next to my chest. A good idea, with good intentions, being close to my heartbeat and everything, but CJ had other ideas.  He promptly crawled out and began exploring my car.

My car was a 1983 Honda Civic hatchback, a great little car. It was a standard.  CJ huddled underneath my clutch pedal.  Oh crap!  I slipped the car into neutral and pulled over.  I eased the now terrified kitten out from the very dangerous spot and tucked him a little more firmly into my jacket, keeping one hand on him for the rest of the drive.  He very well may have used up one of his nine lives right then and there.

I brought him home, all excited and happy.  My boyfriend, we'll call him SG, was not happy.  He didn't want a cat and wanted nothing to do with my new kitten.  He stormed off into our bedroom slamming the door.  CJ ran under the couch immediately and refused to come out.  I had to buy additional supplies for having a new cat, so I had to go out.

When I came back from the store...I was gone for about 1 1/2 hours...CJ was curled up on SG's chest on the couch.  SG looked at me with big eyes and shrugged, with a little smile.  CJ purred contently, looking precious with his great big ears.

Welcome to your new home CJ!  We ended up bathing him to get the pet store smell off of him (he didn't enjoy that part very much).  He used the litter box and ate some food.  Then we knew that this little kitten was truly ours and was very much at home.

Real time note: My dog, Brutus, is looking at me with big blue eyes, whining, he doesn't understand where CJ has gone.  He has been looking for him all day.  We are having a tough day... Time to go play with my baby, the only one that doesn't seem affected by CJ's passing.  He is gurgling and chattering on his play mat, looking oh so cute and playful.  I will also through the ball for B, which will make him a very happy dog indeed.  We will get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment