Monday, February 21, 2011

When did you last play?

Can you remember a time when you let go of everything and just played?

Watching my son play is like magic.  He just gets lost in his own little world.  Today I sat out of view and peeked in on him.  Each time he was deeply involved in something grande.  I have noticed that when I am in the room, he is super conscious of where I am and what I am doing, as though I am a distraction.  When I moved around the corner to the diningroom and spied on him, it was a completely different story.



Since he is nearly 10 months old, it is fascinating to think of his little imagination.  Is he exploring?  Is he imagining something?  What is happening in his little brain?

So, I learn from Chase.  I learn to live in the now.  I learn to pay attention to the moment.  I learn the value of letting go and playing.

1 comment:

  1. I love playing - sometimes I wish I could let go of some inhibitions and/or chatter in my head that prevents me from going all out. And most of the time, I'm too busy or too distracted to even get play time. Getting some play time is definitely good for the soul and I am intending to make more time for that!

    ReplyDelete