Thursday, December 9, 2010

Festive Decorating

I love Christmas!

Now my tree is up and both my buffet and my mantel are decorated.  This year I have gone for the unbreakable tree.  All of my decorations that are unbreakable are on the tree and the rest are safely still in the boxes.  This is "just in case" my monkey or someone else's little monkey, accidentally pull the tree down.  I think it looks good.  It was fun going through the decorations with that new perspective. 


All of the red and white pillows on the tree are from my Aunty Mary Ellen.  Every year, during my childhood and teen years, she cross stitched a little christmas pillow.  They were different each year.  This year, I received one for my son in the mail.  It made me quite emotional.  I never expected her to do it for the grandbabies too...that's a lot of pillows to stitch!  The pillow she made for my monkey has the Olympic mitten, Believe and his name... very cute.


The picture of my mantel didn't look very good, so I am not posting it, but here is the buffet.



Merry Christmas World!!!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! I love your buffet! This inspires me to get my tree up and to take a few pics!

    xo & hohoho

    ReplyDelete