Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tis the Season

Christmas has been wonderful.  It isn't finished yet, though.  One more Christmas dinner tonight.

It was our son's first Christmas.  He is only 8 months old, so he thought the lights were cool and he really enjoyed tearing the paper off of the first 3 presents.  Other than that, he didn't really seem to into it.  Next year will be a different story, I am sure.  I found a big difference in myself though.  I was more excited and wanted to play with and set up all of his new toys.  It was like the child inside of me blossomed even more.

We also hosted our first big turkey dinner.  It was a marathon event, starting two weeks before with planning.  My husband was the head chef.  Cooking, shopping and co-ordinating.  He did a fabulous job.  Our meal was delicious and we didn't forget anything.  R did burn his finger though.  He now has a 1" by 0.5" blister on his middle finger.

As with a lot of family events, we also had some drama.  One family member was absolutely miserable and tarnished the evening.  She was selfish, negative and sat at the table scowling and not eating.  It was very hard not to say anything to her because if we did, she would want to leave, which would mean someone would have to take her home.  The next day my heart ached all day.  I have been working on letting it go, but think I will have to say something, once I am no longer emotionally charged.

This morning I have been programming Chase's "My Pal Scout" toy.  Very cool.  I can't wait to play with it (hahahahahahahahaha).  Really, are the toys for him, or us?

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment