Monday, January 10, 2011

Can you feel the rhythm?

Being by myself is wonderful.  Truly by myself.  There isn't someone in the next room.  Well, actually my son is home, but he is napping.  Somehow I feel lighter and more motivated when there is no one else home.  Why is that?  Perhaps it is because it is just my energy in here.  Perhaps it is because I give myself permission to do what I want without worrying about other peoples expectations.

Today I feel like dancing.  I have some funky music playing over satellite, the "Chill Lounge" and I feel like closing my eyes and just moving to the music.

Maybe I will...but I will have to close the blinds first.

Do you ever feel this way?  Would you close the blinds?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shelley. I love this and I know exactly what you are speaking of - there is just this feeling of expansiveness and freedom when alone. Funny that we don't grant it to ourselves otherwise. Very curious about this! Having a home based hubby as well I really treasure my alone-time now. And, me...blinds closed!

    ReplyDelete